Choosing and purchasing marble to adorn your home shouldn’t be a complicated process. Finding a good marble supplier will ensure that you get through the process from start to finish stress-free and satisfied with your decision.
Choosing a Marble Supplier
Finding a great marble supplier could be a matter of preference, or personality. You want to make sure when you are looking for marble suppliers that you find one that has your best interests in mind. While it is easy to find sales professionals that are interested in their bottom line, you want to work with someone that is there to make sure you have a pleasant experience, and get exactly what you are after.
What to Look For
- Personality – You should work with a supplier that has a personality you feel comfortable with. Depending on the size of your marble project, you could be dealing with this supplier for several months. For your happiness and overall satisfaction, you should enjoy dealing with your chosen supplier for the entire time you are working together. Planning and undertaking renovations is stressful enough without the added pressure of trying to get along with a personality you know you clash with.
- Knowledge – You will want to make sure that your marble supplier has a vast knowledge of all types of natural stone. They should know things such as types, uses, maintenance, cleaning procedures, what to do in the case of damage, how to prevent damage, styles, installation procedures, pricing etc.
- Availability – Some marble projects take several trips to the supplier to choose stone, accents, finishes and so on. Your marble supplier should be available for you when you need them. You could have a situation where it is necessary to meet with your supplier several times before completion of your project, and their availability can be crucial to finishing your job on time. A busy supplier is a good sign of their popularity; however you should be a priority to them as well.
- Pricing – Marble suppliers all offer wide varieties of natural stone to choose from. There isn’t always a standard price for each type. Natural stone pricing can range from low to high depending on the supplier. While you want to get the best product for your project, you also want to get the pricing. Some marble suppliers have the flexibility to work with you to price your project within your budget.
- Recommendations – Ask friends and family to see if anyone has a favourite marble supplier, or knows of someone who had a wonderful experience they want to share. If others are willing to talk about their great experience with their own marble project chances are good that they enjoyed working with their supplier. You can ask suppliers for references. If they are proud of their work, they will want to let everyone know. Photos of finished projects are always good as well.
As you can see, choosing a supplier can be a process. You want to be happy with your finished marble project, so ensuring you are involved with the right person to get you there is one of the most important decisions you will make.